Volunteering is a great way to see what VR is all about, while meeting new people and making connections. Before or after your shift is over, you're free to enjoy CVR as an attendee. Best of all, every volunteer receives a free t-shirt!
VOLUNTEER INTEREST SIGN-UP
We will contact all candidates interested in volunteering by the end of February.
What are the benefits of volunteering?
- Free CVR Pass
** One-day volunteers receive free one day passes for the day of their choice (Sat or Sun)
** Two-day volunteers receive free two day passes (Sat & Sun)
- Free CVR t-shirt
- Get up close and personal with the latest and greatest VR/AR/MR tech!
What time commitment is required to volunteer at CVR 2017?
- In-person group interview (Date TBA)
- Orientation (Date TBA)
- Optional tour of CVR venue (Date TBA)
- A minimum 4 hour shift
**All events are in-person and will be held in downtown Vancouver. Each step must be completed to move onto the next.
What skills and experience are needed to volunteer at CVR?
- Communication skills: you can stay calm and listen to guests, you’re happy to answer questions, and you’re able to lend a helping hand to exhibitors
- Customer service skills: you’re able to handle large crowds and remain alert and professional during all times. You’re comfortable taking the initiative to smile and greet guests.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Positive attitude! We’re looking for people who are excited about bringing the hottest tech to Vancouver.
Will training be offered?
Yes, we’ll be having an orientation for volunteers :D More details to come.
Is there an age requirement to volunteer?
Must be 16 or older as of Jan 1, 2017.
I’m a returning volunteer, do I need to apply again?
To be as fair as possible to all applicants, we ask returning volunteers to apply again. Your experience volunteering at CVR 2016 will be considered.
What is the application process?
Please fill out the form below and we will contact you when volunteer applications open.
What do I do if I’m a volunteer and I have already bought an expo pass?
If you are selected as a volunteer after the interview process, we would be happy to refund you.
What types of volunteer roles are there at CVR?
We’re looking for people that can help make our attendee experience a memorable one! We’re looking for energetic greeters, friendly wayfinders, helpful exhibitor assistants, information desk helpers, and attentive ushers that can help us take this event from great to unforgettable.